2017 Christmas Giving Trees
host a giving tree
You can help to change babies' lives this Christmas by hosting a Little Sprouts Giving Tree.
It's simple - and free - you pop up a Christmas tree (or a Christmas box) and ask your staff, customers, students or others if they'd like to bring in donations of new baby and infant items, or gifts for new mums.
Your school, kindy, preschool, church, workplace, and antenatal group would all be great locations for a Giving Tree!
- provide posters you can put up on site and that you can email out
- provide an email you can send to staff, customers, students and others to explain how it works and our most needed items
- promote (if you wish) your support via our very popular Facebook page and other means as well!
All donations will go into our life-changing baby boxes that will be given away for free by over 60 charities across NZ.
You will support not only vulnerable babies but incredible charities such as: Red Cross, Birthright, the Women's Refuge, the Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Trust, Wesley Community Action, the City Mission, Evolve Youth Group, VIBE, the House of Grace, the Mary Potter Hospice, Well Homes, Well Fed, the Salvation Arm, Barnardos, the Neonatal Trust, hospital social workers, and many more!
giving tree locations 2017
You can still sign up to host a giving tree for 2017 if you would like OR if you would like to donate at a Giving Tree we have a number of locations who will be hosting trees across Wellington and in Kapiti.
We will upload this list shortly.
For Giving Trees we ask for new baby, infant and mum items BUT you can always donate your excellent condition second hand baby and infant items directly to Little Sprouts at any time. Learn about how to donate your excellent condition, second hand baby items here.
most needed items for christmas giving trees
We love all donations of baby and infant items, and gifts for mums.
Our most needed list as of October 2017 is:
- For Babies: Nappies - new born size ; Hooded towels – baby size; Baby and Toddler Books; Baby sunscreen; Photo-electric smoke alarms; Maternity Pads; Breast Pads; Baby & Infant toys; Baby brushes & toe nail clippers; Bibs; Girl’s clothing - size 3 months to 6 months.
- For Mums: Shampoo & Conditioner; Make up; Perfume; Lip balm; Hair Brush; Moisturiser; Face Wash; Chocolates; Nappy Bag; Jewellery.
donate funds instead?
You can also help by donating funds to our charity account which will all go to buy essential items for our baby packs.
You can even sponsor an entire pack for just $120 and we can give you a gift card, share photos of your pack, provide information on the family you have helped and provide feedback from the social worker.
Learn more about donating funds and sponsoring packs here.
need more info?
If you'd like more information about Christmas Giving Trees, what to donate or Little Sprouts you can email us at email@example.com.