Most Needed Items
There are some items that we are really short on right now and that you might have to spare, or that you might wish to create or buy, for our packs.
We would be absolutely thrilled to receive any of the items listed below. Donations of these items will enable us to give away more life-changing packs to babies in real need.
- Merino sleeping bags.
- Merino clothing, nightwear, hats etc.
- Wool/merino blankets for cots and bassinets (or peggy squares to turn into blankets - see Little Squares for Little Sprouts).
- Baby clothing in size 3 to 6 months, particularly tops and all in ones.
- Infant clothing in size 6 to 12 months, particularly tops and all in ones.
- Cot sheets (fitted and flat).
- Burp cloths & flannels.
- Hooded baby towels.
- Disposable nappies in newborn size.
- Knitted vests or cardies in size 0 to 3 months and 3 to 6 months, preferably 100% wool that can be machine washed. (Please attach a size and yarn label.)
- Photoelectric Smoke Alarms.
- Digital Thermometers.
- Books that can be read to babies.
- Baby toys, including soft toys if they are new.
- Bassinets, moses baskets & cots.
- Strollers suitable for babies (ie. the recline and are of good quality).
Creative ways to help
Here are some of the fantastic, creative ways that people have helped fill our baby packs:
- When ordering books through schools via Scholastic etc you can order an extra book or two, as a gift from you to a baby!
- Daily deal sites often have incredible deals on baby items - you can order these and have them delivered to us, and we'll make sure they are gifted to a baby in eral need.
- You can use loyalty points or Fly Buys points to buy baby items for families.