Our first, and largest, branch is based in Wellington. We give away packs right across the Greater Wellington Region (right up to Kapiti) via a large number of Charity Partners.
We give away hundreds of life-changing baby packs in Wellington each year - our packs are now given to over 6% of all babies born in the Wellington region. Our goal is to get packs to 10% of all babies in Wellington in the not too distant future.
Our Wellington branch is run by over 100 incredible volunteers.
Our Charity Partners
In Wellington our packs are given to vulnerable babies and their families by over 45 different groups and organisations that support families in need.
This includes every single Women's Refuge across Wellington, all refugee families supported by Red Cross Refugee Services, every branch of Birthright, all families referred by social workers at both Wellington and Hutt Hospitals, the City Mission, Heart Kids Wellington, Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Trust and many many more.
We are now on call for nearly every charity in Wellington working, in some way, with babies and infants.
We give away packs worth well over $600,000 each year - just in Wellington!
Learn more about all of the charities we support here.
Our key management team is:
- Jo Alderdice - Founder, Manager & Trustee
- Andrew Sole - IT & Trustee
- Laura Wicken - Assistant Manager and Pack Request Manager
- Rae Sarelius - Donations Manager
- Kelly Kitching - Secretary
- Amanda Coyne - Accounts & Compliance
- Cathleen Canavan - Grants Manager
- Alice Keifer - Craft Angels Leader
- Warwick Austin - Premises Manager
- Helen Watts - Fundraising Manager
- Amelia Ailema - Marketing Manager & Giving Team Manager
- Rose Fursdon - Hutt Volunteers Manager
- Monique Lubberink - Management Committee member
Awards & Articles
- August 2018 - Seven Sharp features the work of the Little Sprouts Craft Angels and Little Sprouts Wellington. Watch here.
- June 2018 - Video capturing the battle between Chris Bishop and Kris Fa-afoi to make up the best baby box. Watch here.
- February 2018 - Selected as recipient for the Warehouse Bags for Good donations for the next 6 months.
- March 2017 - Dominion post runs a feature story on Little Sprouts having given away over $1,000,000 worth of baby gear. Read here.
- March 2016 - Hutt news article - Little Sprouts helping hundreds of Hutt Valley families each year. Read here.
- November 2015 - Little Sprouts Wellington wins the Health & Wellbeing Award for the entire Wellington region at the Wellington Regional Community Awards.
- June 2015 - Earthwise story - Big ideas made a difference in little lives. Read here.
- May 2015 - Little Sprouts wins the Health & Wellbeing Award for the Porirua region at the Wellington Regional Community Awards.
- 2015 - Little Sprouts is the ASB 'Good as Gold' Award Winner - presented by ASB and the Mike Hosking Breakfast show.
- 2014 - Recipient of the Local Hero Medal - New Zealander of the Year Awards.
We have a small warehouse and office in Elsdon, Porirua. This is where our packs are made up for the Wellington region. (Kapiti now has it's own separate branch).
Address: 4 Mohuia Crescent, Elsdon, Porirua
To access our premises please drive through Gate 1 of the Aspiring Walls car park and continue to the end of the car park. You will see our Little Sprouts signage and car parking space.
Opening Hours: Usually from 10.00 am until 12.00 pm from Monday to Friday, excluding school holidays.
As we are entirely run by volunteers these hours are subject to change - and are also reduced during school holidays.
If you wish to visit our premises or drop donations directly to our premises please contact email@example.com to confirm a day/time in advance.
Items can be sent to:
Little Sporuts Charitable Trust, 24 Exploration Way, WHITBY 5024
Please do not send items to our Mohuia Crescent address.
Drop Off Points
You can drop off your new and excellent condition baby and infant items to a number of different locations across Wellington
Learn more about our Wellington drop off points here.
We can pick up from you if you can't drop to us - please contact LittleSproutsDonations@gmail.com if you would like to organise a donations pick up.
Sponsor Items and Donate Funds
You can donate funds for Little Sprouts Wellington and you can also sponsor individual pack items or an entire baby pack for just $120.
All funds donated to Little Sprouts Wellington will go to buying baby items for families in real need in Wellington.
You can donate funds here, and sponsor items and baby packs here. Please ensure you include WELLINGTON in the reference code if you would like your donation/sponsorship to go to our Wellington branch.
If you would like to volunteer for Little Sprouts Wellington please message us at LittleSproutsVolunteers@gmail.com.
We will send you a volunteer form to complete to learn more about you and will work with you to identify what role might suit you best.
You can learn about Wellington's latest news, read updates from each branch, and see photos of donations received and packs given away at Little Sprouts NZ. This page also gives you updates about all of our branches across New Zealand.