Who receives a pack?
Our packs go to vulnerable families who really need help and who will make great use of the packs.
Social workers from our Charity Partners carefully select pack recipients, we create an amazing Little Sprouts Pack for each family and then the social worker actually delivers each pack right to the family's home.
This ensures that families (and babies) receive the ongoing support that they need, it removes all barriers to access and it means that we work with and support dozens of other charities - we don't double up with work anyone else is doing!
Our packs go to:
- Families with premature or unwell babies,
- Women escaping from domestic violence,
- Refugees starting a new life in New Zealand,
- Young parents without support networks,
- Families where one parent is terminally ill or struggling with other illness,
- Families where the key earner has been made redundant,
- Families with multiples (twins or triplets),
- Single parents (mums, dads, grandparents and other caregivers) who are struggling,
- Mums battling post-natal depression,
- Families living in an ongoing cycle of poverty,
You can learn about all of our amazing charity partners, how we support them, and who receives our packs below.
Our Charity Partners
In Wellington our packs are given to vulnerable babies and their families by OVER THIRTY different groups and organisations.
We provide packs whenever needed to families via all of the following charity partners, plus many more:
Little Sprouts Auckland was established in September 2014. In Auckland our packs are given to vulnerable babies and their families via the following chairty partners, with more partners being added over time.
Little Sprouts Christchurch has just been established - in June 2015! In Christchurch our packs are given to vulnerable babies and their families via the following organisations.